1. Learn about this resource. 

Residents can defer, or delay, part or all of their property tax bill. Seniors 65 years or older are eligible to defer all property taxes, while those under 65 can defer the 10% increase in property taxes from the previous year. An interest rate of 6% is charged on property tax deferrals. If you are 75 years or older, your household earns less than $50,000 annually, you have household interest and dividend income less than $12,500, and have lived in your house for 25 years or more, you are not charged any interest. 


You can defer the taxes until you move, sell the property, or deferred 25% of the property’s value—whichever comes first. Then, all of your deferred taxes will be due within 5-30 days, depending on the event.


This program is called the Property Tax Deferral Program and is offered by the Office of Tax and Revenue.

2. Check if you are eligible.

You are eligible if all of these statements are true:

  • You own at least 50% of the home that you live in.

  • Your home is in DC.

  • You have owned and occupied your home for at least one year before applying.

  • Your household’s yearly federal adjusted gross income—is less than $50,000. Check eligibility below:

pay your property taxes at a later date?


3. Apply.

  1. If you are still making payments on your mortgage, you’ll need your lender’s written approval before submitting a property tax deferral application. Write or email your mortgage lender to receive an approval letter before completing the steps below. Be sure to ask your lender to include the property address and the names on the mortgage in the letter.
  2. To complete the application go to MyTax.dc.gov and navigate to Real Property > view more options > All real property applications > enter your address > Applications and actions > tax relief applications > Request the tax deferral for low income housing (FP-110). Then follow the prompts to complete the application.
Apply by March 31st to defer the first property tax bill of the year and by September 15th to defer the second property tax bill of the year.

4. Gather more information.

How can I fill a prescription without having to come into the pharmacy/remaining contactless?

1. Fax: Ask your doctor to fax the prescription directly to (587) 689-3016. 2. Transfer: Call us at (780) 391-1315 with the number of your old pharmacy and the medications you would like. We will take care of the rest. 3. Refills: Call us at (780) 391-1315 or order refills through the PharmaConnect app. If you require assistance setting up the App for the first time, please give us a call. Electronic payment can be made through E-transfer, WeChatpay/Alipay/UnionPay, and through our wireless payment terminal We also offer curbside pick up free delivery for prescriptions

Is there a delivery fee?

Delivery is free for prescription medications. We will do daily deliveries to most of Edmonton and in most cases we are able to do same-day delivery.

Can pharmacists prescribe medications and directly bill my insurance?

Our pharmacists can prescribe many prescription medications to help manage your chronic condition(s) or to treat your minor ailments. We can directly bill your insurance company, and we can work with you to find a medication that is covered by your insurance. Prescribing will only be done at the discretion of the pharmacist after proper assessment of your condition.

This resource is provided by:

Keywords: homeowners, delay paying my property taxes, income limits, elderly, elder, senior citizen, disabiliy check, defer taxes

This page was last updated May 2021.

OTR Logo_New.jpg